Thursday 13 December 2018

Saggy Breast;The Misconceptions.

Scrolling through Whatsapp status, I witnessed a new campaign on a friend's status. She is an advocate of saggy breast.  Saggy breast simply refers to fallen breast. Don't be ashamed if you have a saggy breast.

The human body undergoes changes, therefore, we need to understand and discard these misconceptions about saggy boobs that makes others have low self-esteem.


Read this conversation I had with one of your ancestors on the issue of fallen breast. So this is how it started .....





BEGINNING OF CONVERSATION


Abugre(Scrolling through her status, I ask a question): Tell me more about the saggy boobs.

Pardikie: Its a movement by the author of what a time to be alone -Chidera Eggerue
On instagram as theslumflower. I like how bold she is in going against the status quo and representing women who have saggy boobs.

She wants to normalize it,and I want to as well. I used to have a low self-esteem because after losing so much weight my boobs became saggy.

And it seems so petty an issue but it drained my self-esteem. Because even family members made it seem like u are not normal. Till I worked on my self and became this confident😉.



Abugre (shy and anxious): Did you have a standing breast ?

Pardikie (laughed): Lol ...Oh yes when I was very young, but then I started gaining weight and being on and off, gaining and losing weight and it made my skin loose and saggy, especially the breasts area.


Abugre: Why do you refer to your breast as saggy?

Pardikie: No, its a dictionary word.
There's perky for standing breasts
And saggy for fallen breasts.

I actually got to know about this movement from the slumflower on Instagram.... and I'm planning on creating some awareness in my own small circles.


Abugre: Interesting.

Pardikie: So I'm preparing an article on that.


Abugre: Boobs are part of a woman and they play a critical role in her life.

Pardikie: Definitely


Abugre: Which group of people made you feel bad about your boobs? Men or Women?

Pardikie: Well in S.H.S I couldn't bath with the girls in the open bath house because they will pass silly comments and it was annoying because I saw their imperfections as well but I didn't think it was abnormal.


Abugre : So what has been the misconception about saggy breast ?

Pardikie: Oh most people say that for a young girl to have saggy boobs then she must have been promiscuous.


Abugre: So sad.

Pardikie: Lol.


Abugre: Did you try to do anything to get a perky breast?

Pardikie: Lol not to alter it with surgery or anything besides I can't afford surgery.
However, I tried natural remedies like carrot, cucumber and Shea butter which helps the skin but it doesn't guarantee it becoming perky.


Abugre: Will you have opted for surgery if you had the money ? What happens to the skin?

Pardikie: Never honestly, before, I would give that a second thought if I had the money but for now... I've grown so much in my thinking that I know surgery doesn't solve low self-esteem issues because it is deep rooted in our minds and perception. After the surgery then what? Will you alter ur butt as well ? Then what ? Your nose ?

Oh no, I want to be the lady who was confident and different.

I owe me now to God, my mum and the slumflower for letting me know that I can be everything I want to be, no matter what the world says. That's how people make history.



Abugre: I'm grateful for sharing your story with me.

Pardikie: Lol sure❤ grateful for listening to me as well.


Abugre: Do you have friends who have saggy breast?

Pardikie: No I don't.

Abugre: Alright.


THE END.


What are your thoughts about saggy breast?


Click on the link below to learn more about saggy breast.

https://www.health.com/beauty/how-to-lift-saggy-breasts

1 comment:

  1. Very educative. I also advice that awareness and education has to be more for women since men perceive the breast to be important to them. This education will save women from doing surgerys and others and also save marriages as well.

    ReplyDelete